Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Busy Busy! and a lost camera...

Finally getting around to posting some pictures! My daughter had taken my camera over the weekend (without permission!) so I wasn't able to take any pictures.
Finished my first (of 4) placemats and I absolutely love how it turned out. I didn't put the fringe on the ends though - I actually tried a couple and I really didn't like the look so I took them back off.















I also made a knitting bag for myself over the weekend. I knew what I wanted but couldn't find anything quite like it. I bought a bunch of remnants at Wal-Mart a while back and one of those worked out perfectly. It has 4 outer pockets for yarn, a velcro closure and handles to lug it around. It's small enough to take with me to volleyball games (always important!) but big enough to hold a couple of projects.






























Completed Diagonal Ripple Cloth















And my proud moment - when I started knitting I thought the Ballband Cloth was the coolest looking thing but the pattern scared the bejeepers out of me. Two years later and the pattern looked a LOT easier. Here's one in progress.



My current project of sorts is making dishcloths for camping. Everyone in my family seems to really like the cloths and we all camp so....it just seems the thing to do! :)

2 comments:

Mary-NH said...

Very, very pretty cloth! I love to knit diagonal cloths - this is the first one I've seen with such a pretty pattern. Nice colorway, too. Could you share the pattern name and the yarn color? I'd love to make some like it. They are very "spring-y"
Mary-NH

Cristina Salgueiro said...

I simple adore those pacematts. They are gorgeous! And what a good choise in the colors. That bag for knitting is also so cute.