Friday, May 16, 2008

Gardening!

I finally got some pictures of my flower gardens uploaded. We've had a LOT of rain and then finally got some sun. Everything is really starting to "pop". Of course I can now really see how much we need to paint the foundation of the house. Oh well! Maybe the daylilies will grow tall enough to hide it! :)

We are slowly in the process of creating all perennial beds with just some accent baskets of annuals here and there. We started our flower beds over 10 years ago at our old house and transplanted everything when we moved. Each year we split off a few more things and move plants around as our tastes change. New this year is the "Bachtell Bed" (complete with a name sign my parents got me for my birthday last year!) Slowly but surely we are getting it just like we like it!

Front Bed - Week 1

Front Bed - Week 2
What a difference some rain and sunshine make!

Bachtell Bed - Week 1

Bachtell Bed - Week 2

Side Bed - Week 1

Side Bed - Week 2

Close up of my Bleeding Heart

Mini Roses in an old bucket.


Close up of one of the hostas and sedum in the front bed.

Petunia bed. I always plant petunias because they remind me of my Grandma.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love that green placemat! and the hostas too!