Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Elvis KAL

I am trying to catch up with the Mid-Month KAL for the Rachel's Knitting Room group. It was a cast-on of 66 stitches! For some reason I am having a terrible brain freeze on the seed stitch. I think I have it all worked out now though. I talked myself in and out of things last night and finally said to heck with it and went to bed! Funny how you can do something so many times without problems then all of a sudden hit a snag. Sad part is the snag is 95% mental! No more staying up late to watch Olympics while knitting. Overload!

Mailed 3 cloths and a tribble to my best friend today. She told me she loves the cotton dishcloths and I was more than happy to share! She called tonight though and wondered about the tribble. She said she told her husband "it's either a scrubber or a hot pad." :) Been experimenting with knitting tulle along with the yarn but I think my tulle is too fine. Doesn't seem super scratchy anyway.

In other news, the kids are back in school! I have an 8th grader and a 4th grader this year. Funny they are both at the top of their respective groups. The 8th graders (Emily's class) are the head of the Middle School and the 4th graders (Hunter's class) are the big dogs in the Elementary. Hunter had homework already tonight and seemed to think it was a bit unjust. I'm just glad they are back in school! Maybe my house will stay a bit cleaner now. :)

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

I always get confused on seed stitch patterns when the cast on is not an odd number. I can never remember what to start with. I am sure you'll get it today when your mind is fresh.